I had been looking for a better crust that didn't involve cauliflower, which I find too moist and flimsy. This #chickencrust will hold up to your toppings and, with spices, has a great taste, even leftovers! #ketopizza #ketokitchen
Makes 8 pieces
1# ground organic chicken
1 organic egg
1/2 cup grated cheese (optional)
1 tablespoon spice (oregano, thyme, onion powder -- experiment for the taste you want!)
Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
1) In a medium bowl, place the ground meat, egg, spice, and salt & pepper. With gloves on knead the mixture until well incorporated.
2) Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Put the mixture on the sheet and press to spread out as thinly as you can. This will shrink a bit so try to make it as thin as possible.
3) Pre-bake crust in a 375º oven for 10 minutes. Remove and blot out any excess fat pools/liquid with a paper towel.
4) Place parchment on another cookie sheet. Put this sheet upside down on top of the crust and carefully flip (using 2 hands and pot holders) the crust onto the new sheet. Now you are ready to put toppings on your pizza.
5) I like to change up toppings and even my sauce. My favorite is a Ham & Cheese with mustard pizza. I use dijon mustard as the sauce layer, top with Canadian bacon, cheese and spinach.
6) place in a 425º oven for another 10 minutes. I like to add 2 minutes of broil to get it a little crispy. Take out and let sit 5 minutes before cutting. Enjoy!