Updated: Mar 16, 2020
Cook Time : about 10 minutes. SERVES: 2
1# Cod filets frozen
1 quart pot of boiling water
2 tablespoons of vinegar
1/2 organic lemon squeezed
1 tablespoon butter or butter-flavored coconut oil (if dairy sensitive)
1. Keep the cod frozen, but thaw the cod slightly so you can cut it with a knife. Cut into 1.5" cubes.
2. Bring a quart of water to boil, add the 2 tablespoons of vinegar
3. Add the frozen cod to the boiling water and let boil until the cod starts floating to the surface. Remove any fat foam with a spoon. When most of the cod is floating, remove with a slotted spoon into a bowl with paper towel at the bottom.
4. Divide the lemon juice and butter into 2 small bowls and heat.
5. Dip the pieces into the warmed lemon butter and enjoy!